A comprehensive affordable plan for rapid sustained weight loss.
*As self reported through satisfaction surveys completed by current and past subscribers.
What is a keto diet?
A ketogenic diet, commonly referred to as the keto diet, is a diet that is very low in carbohydrates.
On a ketogenic diet, carbohydrates are limited to such a large degree that your body is “forced” to start using fat for fuel.
Ketosis is a process that naturally occurs in your body when your intake of carbohydrates is very low.
When your consumption of carbohydrates is very low, your body begins to look for alternative sources of energy (fuel). Fat is the next best thing.
While in ketosis, your body produces energy molecules called ketones by breaking down fats in your liver.
On a ketogenic diet, you “strong arm” your body into using fats for fuel instead of carbohydrates (glucose).
A person in nutritional ketosis has a metabolism that predominantly uses fats instead of sugars for energy.
How does it work?
Our weight loss plans work because they combine three things that are essential to long term, sustained weight loss.
1. Science: Our plans are built around the science of nutritional ketosis (see below). A person in nutritional ketosis has a metabolism that is lazer focused on burning fats for energy. This results in rapid sustained weight loss. Read our comprehensive introduction to the keto diet here.
2. Simplicity: All meals and recipes in our plans have 5 main ingredients of less, and a 15 minute or less prep time.
3. Behavior modification: Building good sustainable habits is essential to sustainable weight loss. Our plans incorporate proven behavioral science principles that have been show to be effective in achieving long term sustainable weight loss.
4. Coaching and Support: Plans and programs don’t motivate people. People motivate people. As humans we have an uncanny ability to live vicariously through others. We have the ability to witness another persons experience and imagine what it would be like to go through the same thing. This is why coaching is the focal point of our programs. Our coaches help you establish new paradigms so you can start to truly change how you think about food and effective weight loss nutrition. Transformational weight loss only occurs when you change your relationship with food . Coaching is an essential part of this process.
What makes this different?
Our weight loss plans are different because they are structured to help you get around key obstacles that prevent long term sustained weight loss.
1.Nutritional Ketosis: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets (keto diets) change how your body uses energy. A common misconception is that very low carb diets are not sustainable. This is just simply not true. The truth is, we are surrounded by carbohydrates and added sugars, which makes maintaining a low carb diet seem impossible. The challenge is your environment and your lack of knowledge, not your motivation. To eat differently you have to think about food differently first. This is what we focus on.
2. Custom Portioned Meals: Our recipies and meal plans are structured to ensure you maintain a slight calorie deficit no matter what combination of meals in your plan that you select. No calorie counting. No macro tracking. Just follow the portions.
3. Risk Mitigation: Our plans include a multitude of guides carefully constructed to help you avoid key pitfalls you will encounter along your journey. Its impractical to expect that you will stick to you plan 100% of the time. Simple quick recipes and tools like our keto fast food guide help you get around obstacles like not being able to prepare all your meals in advance all the time.
4. Habituation and Behavior Modification: Our coaches focus on habits, not methods. We focus on behaviors, not plans.
5. Coaching and Support: Our coaches have gone through the process and live a sustainable low carbohydrate lifestyle. They speak from experience, as opposed to just having a factual knowledge based understanding of the process.
How much weight will I lose?
Our clients lose an average of 2 – 5 lbs. per week once in nutritional ketosis. We focus on gradual consistent weight loss that tends to be more sustainable.
Is it safe?
The keto diet is safe for most people. It is always advisable to consult with your physician prior to beginning a nutrition plan.
There is an ever-growing body of research that demonstrates the effectiveness of nutritional ketosis in improving glycemic control (stabilizing and controlling blood sugar levels) in diabetics.
Even so, the keto diet without medical supervision is not recommended for anyone managing diabetes or high blood pressure using medication.
It is also commonly not recommended for breastfeeding women, because it is believed to potentially affect the quality of breastmilk. We are now, however, discovering that this recommendation might also be unfounded.
Our plans are designed to include everything you need to lose weight consistently and sustainably.
- Nutrition Guide: The nutrition guide walks you through and explains all the components of your plan.
- Macro-Adjusted Meal plan: A macro-adjusted plan is a plan that does two things:
- skews your food intake to include about 70% fats, 20% protein and 10% carbs.
- Portions your meals to ensure that you maintain a slight calorie deficit. No calorie counting. No macro tracking.
- Support: If you select a plan that includes support, you will have access to one of our keto-coaches who will remain personally invested in your weight loss journey.
How is it delivered?
The plan is delivered in e-format and is accessible from tablet, mobile and laptop devices. You can print off any section of your plan if you choose to.